Parish Safeguarding Policy Statement
Parish of St Martin and St Paul’s, Canterbury
This parochial church council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. In particular we are committed to:
·· the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
· carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
· responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
· cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
· ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
· extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
We have appointed Tess Hickson and Christine Hutchings as the Parish Safeguarding Coordinator(s)
Tel: Tess 01227 477068 Christine 01227 722156
Approved by the Parochial Church Council on May 14 th 2018
Signed M Griffin Date 14 th May 2018.
Signed S Keeler-Walker C Gower Date May 14 th 2018
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111. Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808800 2222
The Parish Safeguarding Coordinator(s) is available to speak with adults or children.